Honolulu Vacation Travel Guide
Welcome to Honolulu, the capital of Hawaii. Stationed on the island of Oahu, Honolulu is ready to show you surf and sun like you’ve never seen before. Whether you’re here to live the life of a beach bum or want to explore the city’s lush tropical surroundings, you’ll find everything you’re looking for on your Honolulu tour.
Hawaii had a pretty explosive inception—Diamond Head Crater, also called Leahi, started life as an active volcano. Don’t worry; it’s since gone dormant, which means you can climb to the rim and take in a truly brilliant view of the coast. Head back down to the water and go paddleboarding or swimming; “Honolulu” means “sheltered bay,” and the beachfront here lives up to its name: It’s calm and sheltered year-round.
Honolulu sightseeing must include a day at Pearl Harbor. While there, you can wander the decks of the USS Missouri, explore the confines of the USS Bowfin, and observe a moment of silence at the USS Arizona Memorial.
Head downtown to take in some of Honolulu’s storied history. The statue of King Kamehameha stands guard over the city itself, and you can check out the American Florentine architecture of Iolani Palace. While you’re there, try a Japanese fusion dish or sample from the numerous other eateries lining the city. Stick around as evening falls and you’ll see hula dancers and a breathtaking sunset.
What do you want to do when you visit Honolulu?
Visit our Honolulu travel guide page for more information or to plan your next vacation!
More travel videos:
– London Vacation Travel Guide
– Paris Vacation Travel Guide
– New York City Vacation Travel Guide
– Miami Vacation Travel Guide
– Bora Bora Vacation Travel Guide
– Fiji Vacation Travel Guide
– Maui Vacation Travel Guide
– New Orleans Vacation Travel Guide
– Los Cabos Vacation Travel Guide
– Iceland Vacation Travel Guide
– Barcelona Vacation Travel Guide
– Whitsunday Islands Vacation Travel Guide
– Honolulu Vacation Travel Guide
– Chicago Vacation Travel Guide
– Kauai Vacation Travel Guide